Third Grade in Pictures

Whew!  What a whirlwind past two months!!  I hope once the new year starts things will slow down and I can blog more often.  But here is our past two months in third grade.  We are always staying busy with Reading, Math, Science & Social Studies.  Now that I have introduced the Chrome Books, every child is engaged in researching different topics!  So sit back and enjoy what's been going on in third grade!

We started off the new quarter with Camp-Share-a-Story.  Students could bring sleeping bags, pillows and blankets to lay on as they shared the stories they hade written since the beginning of the school year.
 Here are the gropus reading their stories to each other.




 It's not a camping trip unless you have a fire and s'mores!!

 We have researched the different planets.  They were introduced to the chrome Books.  Which they love & are like little sponges when using them.  They remember everything & can "get around" on them way better then I can!  They were put into groups, researched and then had to put together a Slide show using Google Slides.  Then in their groups they presented their planet while others recorded facts about each planet.  It made learning a little bit about the solar system fun!



 Here they are researching and recording their 6 factsto put together in their Google Slide shows.
 Inbetween working on our planet project, we fit in a field trip to farms in our county.  We went to a beef cattle farm, diary farm, and Apple orchard.  The kids love seeing all  that is offered right here in our county.  Here at the cattle farm there was also some chickens.  Raising chickens in chicken farms are very popular in our county.  You can see chicken houses everywhere!  Reminds me of my vacations in the summer to my grandma's house:)  I love country living but will always be a city girl!!
 We got to take a tractor ride at the apple orchard. Great end to our filed trip!


 Then the next week we presented our projects to the class.  Here are some of the groups presenting their research.

 I love the idea of STEM!  With that being said my students get a STEM project to do at home every month.  They get the project at the beginning of the month & have until the end of the month.  For this project all they "had" to use was an unsharpened pencil.  What was turned in was great!!  They used their imagination and left me in awe!!  Here are some of their projects.  We had catapolts, wagons, chicken on the BBQ, STOP sign, indian village, butterflies, flower and a christmas tree.


 The last two weeks of school we had Globe Trott Scott come vist us everyday.  He brought us info and crafts or food to make from different countries around the world.  We learned about Christmas in other countries or different holiday celebrations in other countries.  Here we leanred about Hanukah.  They played with dreidels & made their own driedel.  I made latkkes for them also.  Beside my classroom smelling like the Waffle House 2 weeks later the lattkes were a hit!  They were even better I was told with applesauce!

Globe Trott Scott on the last day sent us tickets to go anywhere.  They had 4 countries to pick from to research.  Each one used the Chrome books to research the country they picked.  They could then decide how they wanted to present their infromation.  Either brochure or Google slides.  I was SO impressed with their work!  Those that did google slides, did an AM-A-Zing job!  I gave little direction but how to insert a picture.  Their final projects were great!!  For some reason I can't get the pictures to email off my IPAD but when I do I will definetly post!

Thanks for stoppping by.  I hope to be better after the new year.  We will be celebrating the 80th day of school the first day we come back from Christmas Break!!  Can't wait to see everyone dressed up!!!  Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment